Do you want to speak English? I think so.
Everybody must speak English.
Сan you learn it alone? I don`t think so.
Together we can do it.
SUBSCRIBE here and LET`S GO.

Monday, June 16, 2014


00:00  Dinner at home.  Part 1.
Brian  - This vegetable is kong xin cai.
In English, people call it water spinach.
Patty  - Kong xin cai. I like it!
Susie A-yi, thanks for cooking dinner.
Susie A-yi  - Eat more!
Patty  - No thank you. I'm full!
Susie A-yi  - Eat more!
Paul  - I can't. The food is not that good.
Patty  - Excuse me?
Brian  - Paul, what did you say?
Paul  - Oh, nothing.
Susie A-yi   - Eat more, everyone.

00:47  Dinner at home.   Part 2.
Patty  - Susie A-yi  how did you cook the eggplant?
Susie A-yi   - Do you like it?
Patty  - Yes. When my mom cooks eggplants they're
usually brown. But these are purple.
Susie A-yi   - I fry the eggplants in a wok with some vinegar.
Then the eggplants stay purple.
John  - My wife cooks the best Chinese food.
Patty  - I know. Susie A-yi, you really cooked a lot of dishes.

01:22  Dinner at home.  Part 3.
Brian  - She did. But you know, at a wedding banquet,
there are often eight courses of food.
Patty  - Really? If I went to one, I'd probably be stuffed!
Why eight courses of food?
Susie A-yi  - The number "8" in Chinese sounds like "good luck".
John  - Each dish has a special meaning, too.
Patty  - That's very interesting.
Brian  - Ma, what's for dessert tonight?
Susie A-yi  - I almost forgot. I made something special.

No comments :

Post a Comment